Monday, February 1, 2010

Potty Training

Well....I decided that 3 1/2 is old enough to be potty trained.  Nathan is just too busy to bother with it. He's learning that the floor is not a good option.  This is my last effort for a while.  Nothing I've tried has worked, including threats.  He is almost as stubborn as I am.  We started without pants this morning.  I had to turn the heat up but I'm hoping it will be worth it.  We've been working on this for a year.  God & I have been doing some serious talking about it.  Never thought I'd be praying for potty training to click in.
After an hour of Nathan running around sans pants, Noah decided he needed to try this too.  He pulled his diaper off and grinned at me.  I promptly took him to the potty and sat him down.  He didn't pee pee but he understands that the potty is where it's supposed to go.  He didn't like having to put his diaper back on when brother doesn't have to wear one.  I'm hoping he will be easier when his time comes.
I don't know if I'm doing this right, but I'm trying.  We've been to the bathroom every 30 minutes.  He gets frustrated with me so I took a friend's advice and had Chris bring home some M & M's to reward him when he goes.  It makes the complaining less.  I just know he will be 4 in August and I would hope he gets it by then.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment