Sunday, February 28, 2010

Being a mom....




 
I love being a Mom....even though I told my 3 1/2 year old I was changing my name. :) I waited a long time to hear that precious word "mama".  I had my first boy at age 37 and my last at 39.  They were well worth the wait.  I am amazed every day at what they can learn....sometimes that's not a good thing.  Nathan was looking at some pictures with me on the computer yesterday and said "Hey...that's my name!"  He was right!  His name was printed at the bottom of his picture.  It makes me feel better that he recognized it as a word and not just a bunch of letters.  All of our quizzing has not gone in vain!!!!  They change so much every day! 
 
Noah follows his brother around like a puppy!  He does everything that his big brother does.....also not always a good thing.  If you see Nathan, Noah is only 2 or 3 steps behind looking at his brother with adoring eyes.  Nathan has had to be mindful of some of his actions because they both get in trouble for it.  I cannot imagine being a non-believer in , Christ and trying to raise children.  I call on Him daily to help me in many different ways.  He has gotten me through many tough situations that I could not have accomplished in a good way without His love and guidance. 
 
We recently had to deal with the problem of them fighting over things.  It's not the first time, just the most physical they have been with each other.  They don't like to be disciplined.  Spanking works sometimes, but for Nathan the most effective punishment is to make him sit on his bed or just sit still somewhere.  That's not a typical pose for him.  He is in constant motion.  Noah doesn't really understand what time out means...that he's not supposed to get up.  He has decided that he doesn't like for me to make him sit for ANY length of time.  I keep praying for guidance and asking people I trust for advice.  We are trying to raise Godly boys and they show signs of learning that.  When we bow our heads to pray, they both fold their hands and close their eyes.  I can't give up teaching them and the frustrations are punctuated with little glimpses of the wonderful men they can become.  Go slow my precious babies...don't grow too fast.....I'm not ready for you to be grown up yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment