Friday, February 5, 2010

Compassionate friends

I was talking with my friend Shannon today about my boys.  When Nathan gets into trouble and has to go to "time out" he cries...LOUD.  Noah cannot take this. He will go and sit in time out with his brother and cry right along with him. Although not quite as loud.  I hope their love and concern for each other doesn't wane over the years.  They fight one minute and hug each other the next.  Nathan was the same way when he was little.  Any time a baby cried in the nursery, he would sit down and cry too.  I know they don't know what their actions do to a mother's heart, but it gives me glimpses of what kind of men I hope they will grow up to be.  I think God is like that.  When we cry or we are hurting, He sits down with us and cries right along with us.  He also puts His comforting arms around us to give us strength and hope.  I need to be reminded of this.  I've been feeling a little down lately. I need to remember that God is there with me and I am never alone.  Life has been changing constantly for my family for the past few years.  I think I am ready for a little sameness, but then I might grow bored.  God knows my needs better than I do.  I just need to be patient and wait for His leading.  This has always been my favorite verse.  It is very appropriate for this time.

Isaiah 40:31 (King James Version)

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment