Monday, January 25, 2010

Ornery Boys

As I sit here, the television is off and the boys are actually playing somewhat nicely together. Noah is picking on Nathan. He lays on top of him and grabs at his feet when he is walking. They are true boys. Nathan will take it for a while, then he wallops him. I still enjoy being at home with them.
We are going to try a new angle on the potty training scenario. We've used books, videos, singing potty chairs and toilet rings to no avail. At one time, I used underwear with plastic pants......it didn't work. I think I am going to try just the underwear. Maybe he will go if there is wet trailing down his legs. At 3 1/2 years old, I thought he'd be trained by now, but I have discovered that he is STUBBORN in this area. He doesn't want to slow down enough to take the time to go to the bathroom. We are working on it constantly. It's time to get really serious.
I think Noah will be easier because he wants to do whatever brother is doing. Wish us luck!
On another note, my mom's leg is slowly beginning to heal. It's been about 5 months and it is just starting to show signs of growth in the bone. This is do to electric stimulation. She is going to start physical therapy again this Wednesday. I know she is ready to get her independence back, so she is working hard. God is healing her in His time. It has been a truly humbling experience, but she is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment