Tuesday, August 3, 2010

KCK Splash Park

Well....today was the day. Nathan has been asking when we were going to the splash park for a week. (Never mention plans early.) We packed up and left the house around 9:10 am to go meet Miss Shannon and her three youngest. The boys didn't need to be invited to jump in the water. They had so much fun. Anneliese was sipping her mama's diet Pepsi so Noah thought he needed some of mine. I've never really given him pop before so it was a totally new experience. I think I've created a monster. He loved my Pepsi. I couldn't keep it away from him, so I had to hide my cup.

They really like each other, but I don't think they're sharing. :)

I couldn't keep him out of my cup.
After the park, we got the kids some snack packs from Culver's and headed to "Miss Shannon's" house. When we arrived, we unloaded everyone's food....except my hamburger. It was not in the bag. I called them as a courtesy before I trekked back down there to get my food. They informed me that they would have to MAIL me a coupon. I informed them that I would be down there for my food. Customer courtesy???? I did receive a coupon for a free sundae for my trouble, that is, after I spoke with the rude shift manager. I wasn't rude or mean...I just thanked the woman and left. I went home and got on their website and contacted the owner by email. I am waiting for my return phone call. We'll see if it happens. If the fault had been mine....hey, I understand. But for them to tell me I could not return for food I had already paid for....and not very courteously at that...I do not think so. I love Culver's and their
custard is out of this world, but customer service...not so much.
Sorry to rant, but customer service has declined in this country over the last few years. I try to give good customer service at our pharmacy and I expect it from people and businesses I deal with. Ask the waiters I have left a tip for. I once tipped a waitress $7.00 because she was awesome. It would have been more but I didn't have anymore to give her. I have also left no tip if their service is horrible. In these instances, I may have even spoken to the manager. I believe that if we treat others well and do our job to the best of our abilities, they will retaliate. Isn't that how we are supposed to act...Do unto others like we want to be treated?
Anyway....here are some pics from our day. Thank you Shannon for driving us...we had so much fun and you are awesome!

Noah is in the center and Nathan's on the left running.
Noah is in the back in the middle of the pic.
Nathan's incredible hulk pose!
She's giving out drinks to her brothers...so cute!
The Pepsi Thief

No comments:

Post a Comment