Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happiness and Sorrow

The last couple of weeks have been exciting and fast moving.  We visited a splash park twice in one week while Daddy was in Illinois with the high school youth at CIY.  Shannon graciously showed us the way. (Everyone knows I am directionally challenged (o:  )  Chris had an awesome week at CIY with our wonderful high schoolers that went.  Robin was our female sponsor.  She is awesome and they got some great pictures of her too!  It went pretty fast. 
There were a couple of dark clouds.  My aunt Maxine went to be with the Lord last week.  I KNOW she is in heaven.  She loved the Lord with her whole heart and worked for His kingdom.  I have so many fond memories of her and my uncle Bruce, who preceded her to Heaven this last May.  Yes my family, I even remember the DX station. :0)  Her funeral was yesterday.  Many of our family could not attend because of the hot weather.  They are getting older and cannot take the heat.  I told my Mom not to fret.  Aunt Maxine wasn't there anyway.  She is in heaven, dancing around God's throne.  
The second dark cloud.....a friend of my nephew, Ryan, lost his father last week.  His funeral was also yesterday.  It's hard to lose a parent at any time, but Taylor lost his dad the week before he was to begin his senior year in high school.  Ryan has a hard time with this....he understands.  Ryan's daddy passed away right before he turned 2 yrs old.  I pray for this family.  I am glad Taylor has Ryan to talk to.  I think it will help them both to be able to share together. 
It has been a couple of weeks full of bad news.  I know we have to go through the dark times to grow, but they are so hard.  I cannot imagine not having God to lean on for strength.  I think God is going to use Ryan to do great things in his life, whether he realizes it or not.  Can you tell I love this kid?  I've always claimed he was part mine. My boys love him to pieces and he is so gentle and patient with them.  Many young men his age (17) would not give my little ones the time of day, but he gets in the floor and wrestles them and plays with them.  He loves from the heart with few words.  I can't wait to see what he does after this, his last year in high school.  I know he will make me and our whole family proud.  He has that ability. 
Okay.....I'll stop bragging.  I have other friends from Oklahoma that are mourning this week also.  It seems that many are grieving together this week.  My friends, Cindy & Debbie, lost their momma too.  Debbie talked to her every day just like I do with my mom.  I can't imagine what they are feeling. I don't really want to know because it would break my heart to lose my Mom.  I just know that God carries us through these times and teaches us to help others through our pain. 
My friend Angela is expecting again.  She and Mark lost their precious baby after 26 hours on June 1, 2009.  She blogs about it to help other women that have experienced the loss of a child.  I love her heart as it shines out to help others.  She is having a little girl this time.  I keep hinting for her to tell the baby to come on my birthday.  She's due that week. ;o)  Her blog is about their journey through the grief of Benjamin's loss and the happiness of expecting a new baby.  It is wonderful!  Here's the link:  http://angelasreflection.blogspot.com/
Let me warn you....get out the tissues!  It is so worth it to read though.  God holds us through the hard times. 
Thanks for letting me unload.  I love my friends and family!  They keep me sane and grounded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment