Friday, July 16, 2010

What a GREAT week!!!

My husband and I will be married for 6 years tomorrow. WOW!! That seems like a long time, but look what we've accomplished! We rent a beautiful home from wonderful landlords. (They call just to see how we're doing.) We have 2 beautiful boys. I'm sorry...they are beautiful!☺ We are maintaining a budget after 3 or 4 months of tweaking. I have my teaching degree and Chris has a job he absolutely loves. I'd consider that a good life that is truly blessed by God.
For our anniversary, we went to Chateau Avalon. It's a great place to stay. They have a diary in each room for people to write their special memories. It was really cool. I highly recommend Ruby Tuesday's in Mission. It was great! My hubby opened doors and held my hand. I felt like we were dating again. The boys stayed with Cathy & Carolyn and the gang. They got to go to VBS with them and had a wonderful time. We really needed a day to be with just us and I feel refreshed. God has blessed us tremendously.
We have been at Wyandotte County Christian Church for a year now. It is a loving, giving congregation of God's people. They care about each other and have included us in that. This church we waited for God to lead us to is a wonderful fit for our family. We have been so happy this last year! I have made some wonderful new friends. I have also been able to see some of my old friends and have not lost contact with them. What a blessing!
On another high note, Noah has started sleeping through the night. It was a 2 year struggle, but sleep finally prevailed. The next big obstacle in our house is potty training. Even that seems to be taking a good turn in the past few weeks.
We still struggle with things like everyone does, but the good so thoroughly outweights the bad and I can't be anything but thankful.

1 comment:

  1. We are so blessed to have you in our church family. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete