Saturday, July 3, 2010

Amazing!

I really do have a wonderful, amazing life. I have good friends and my family is here visiting this weekend. My husband and boys are doing well and so am I.
My friend, Shannon, texted me on Facebook yesterday to say that if my sister wanted her hair done while she was here, she had time. I think that is completely selfless of her. She has so much on her plate: 5 kids, 1 husband, and a flurry of constant activity and projects. We appreciate her so much and she does a great job at everything she touches. :) I love you Shannon. You give me a great example to follow.
I love it when my family comes to visit. I miss them. It's been a few months since I went to Oklahoma, so it helps the home sickness when they are here. My mom couldn't come but my twin sister and her son did. He's an awesome teenager...17. I got to help raise him when he was little. Being the ultimate aunt, I let him hide in my room when he wanted to get away from everyone. I was also the homework guru. :) I admit, I'm rather sweet on him. It was disconcerting when he grew to be over 6 feet tall. Now he makes me feel short, but I still get a hug whenever we see each other. My sister and I are only 5 minutes apart in age. We complete each others sentences and sound just alike. That makes it hard when we are together and call people. They never know who they are talking to. I did that to my brother yesterday when I answered her phone. hee hee :) We've been through a lot together and I wouldn't trade her for a billion dollars so don't ask. :)
My babies are growing so fast! I never imagined I'd miss the time before they could walk, but sometimes I do. I want them to grow, but no so fast. Noah is talking in understandable sentences. That's new. I'm glad because it makes it easier to understand what he wants, but it means my baby is getting older.....and more attitudinal. My boys are awesome! I love it when it's time to pray and they both fold their hands and bow their heads. Nathan has started praying at meal time and he does a great job. I can see their little hearts growing with the love of God more every day.
I have a super husband....have I said that lately? Our 6th anniversary is coming up soon and he made some great plans for us. I can't wait. We've come a long way in the last 6 years. It's been a roller coaster ride, but I'm glad I'm on it. How fun! He's a great husband and an awesome daddy. Just ask our boys. Nathan keeps saying "can I be daddy"? What a great compliment!
All in all, I am a blessed woman. That about sums it up!

2 comments:

  1. I love you too Cindy and I'm so glad it turned out so well. You're a good momma and those boys will rise up and call you blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had fun on your anniversary date.

    ReplyDelete