Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Updates & Appreciation

Well....Nathan's Valentine's party went well.  A great time was had by all!  He & Daddy even made me a placemat.  Noah made me a Valentine at daycare.  That night I was met by all 3 guys at the daycare.  Chris brought over my swimsuit and we got to lounge in the Bullard hottub for a while.  Nice!  I gotta get me one of those!  Then my guys wisked me off to Red Robin for dinner.  The only problem was that there was an hour wait for dinner and I had hungry babies.  (Did I mention that my sweetie also brought me a dress to wear?  Where did I find him?!?!?! )  We ended up at Big Boy's and loved every minute of it.  My little carnivores ate every bite of their dinner.  I'd say my Valentine's day was awesome!  I got to spend it with a 3 of my special guys. :o)
We have also experience our first parent/teacher conference with Nathan.  I think Chris was really worried, but I have helped conduct a conference so I wasn't too worried.  Nathan is doing great.  He has a few things we are working on to get ready for Kindergarten.  I have to say that I admire our homeschooling moms in our church.  They are awesome!  I will NOT be following in their footsteps.  Nathan learns better when Mama is not teaching class.  We've tried it....he just responds better to a classroom setting.  I think he needs that discipline for now.  We have been very lucky that his first teacher is wonderful!  She is so willing to work with him and any ideas I can give her are always welcome.  He prays for her every night so I know she has made a wonderful impression on him.  His problem is that he doesn't like to share very well. (What 4 yr old does?)  We are working on those social skills at home.  We'll see how it goes....
Finally, I saved the best for last.  I know I've mentioned that my hubby helps quite a bit.  I don't know if I said how much I appreciate him.  He loves me and our boys without reservation.  (It still freaks him out when my family tells him they love him, but he'll get used to it in 30 yrs or so :o))  He is leading our children in a Godly manner that I adore.  My 2yr old even tries to pray at the dinner table.  You can see Chris' influence on them and God's influence on Chris.  I've seen many types of relationships and I am so thankful that God put this man in my path.  We are coming up on 7 yrs of marriage and 8 yrs together this summer.   It's gone so fast!  I excited to see what God has in store for this family in the years to come.  I am one lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment