Sunday, January 16, 2011

Prayers for a family

My heart is aching today for a family I have never met.  The mom is a writer/blogger/speaker and has some wonderful insight into God's word.  I actually came across her blog through another blog I follow.  On January 12th, Joanne Heim had a stroke.  She's not an older woman nor is she chronically ill.  Her 12 year old daughter found her in a seizure in the basement.  Joanne homeschools her children.  I think that's one of the reasons this news has touched me so much.  There are many moms in our church that homeschool their children.  I cannot imagine one of them finding their mom in this manner, or what they would do if they were to lose her.  That is the case with Joanne.  Her husband is keeping posts up on her blog and twittering updates on her condition.  Today's update was not reassuring.  She has had surgery to remove part of her skull to relieve the swelling.  They may have to get even more invasive.  The swelling is not getting better, and is teetering towards worse.  Joanne's husband, Toben, has asked for prayers for a miracle.  That is apparently what the doctor's are indicating it will take.  I know God can do miracles.  I also know that it may not be His will to do so.  I am praying that God's will be done, no matter the outcome.  He knows what we need best.  I'm also praying for the children and Toben.  They will need to be lifted up even if Joanne survives.  She has had a major stroke on her left side.  Please pray with me for this family.  Thanks.

If you are interested in following Joanne's progress, her website is http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/

1 comment:

  1. wow, you just never know what life may bring. Makes me want to hug on my kids alittle more. praying for the family

    ReplyDelete