Monday, September 13, 2010

God's Wonderful Surprises!

I was sitting at the kitchen table working on our next budget with Chris. When I looked up and out the sliding glass doors, a hot air balloon looked like it was coming right towards me. It was really low! I hollered at the boys to come onto the deck and see it. When we went out, there was another one to the right. They were so close that we could wave at the people in the baskets. :o) My boys were soooo excited.



This was the closest one. It's floating over our house.

This one's on my phone screen now.

                               This one is over our neighbor's house across the street.

It was moving pretty fast. As I was working on a (semi) stressful task of trying to stretch the budget....God gave me something to relieve that stress. It only lasted for a few minutes, but it was so cool! We also got to visit with our neighbors across the street for a while. See.....many blessings!

I can go online to see how much my paycheck will be. So while I was doing that….what do you know….another blessing. I got a bonus. It wasn’t a lot, but every little bit helps. I know you know what I’m talking about. I’ve worked for Wal-Mart off and on for almost 20 years now. They have started to give what is called “My Share” bonuses a few times a year. Believe me……it helps. I don’t count on them so they are ALWAYS a blessing. It came at a perfect time. My car has to be fixed before winter and this will help so much in doing that. We have also discovered that Chris’s “used” car that we love will need some work. I’m pretty sure the heater doesn’t work. I’ve turned it on a couple of times and it doesn’t get hot. With the seasons changing, it will have to be fixed also. I have dubbed it “The Blue Banana”. My husband doesn’t appreciate that name very much. I’ve tried to find another one, but this one just fits. Sorry honey!

Nathan has been almost 3 weeks in big boy underwear! He has had very few accidents and is doing well. Thank you to all my encouragers that told me it would just click some day. It took him until his 4th birthday, but it finally clicked! Noah is now asking to wear pull-ups. He wants to do everything his brother does. I’m hoping this encourages him to potty train a little more quickly than his brother did. I’ve learned to hope and not hold my breath. :o)

I’ve been following a blog http://www.bowensheart.com/ about a family waiting for the birth of their son. He has a serious heart problem. He was born over the weekend and his first surgery is Monday morning at 7:30am. Please pray for this family. They have a great attitude and love for God and for Bowen, that’s the baby’s name. I’ve included their website. Check it out. The father is in the band Sanctus Real. He is the lead singer. It is a touching story of faith. Please join me in praying through this with them and asking for God’s will in little Bowen’s life.

Have a blessed week!




No comments:

Post a Comment