Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ahhhh.....Spring!

I have the windows open and there is a wonderful breeze blowing through the house.  Everyone is in short sleeves and Chris even wore shorts today.  It is definitely Spring!  I've had a pretty good week so far.  The only shortfall is that Noah fell and bit a hole in his tongue and slightly chipped a tooth in the process today.  I think his brother helped him to the floor.....hmmmmm.   Anyway, that was the only setback to a pretty good week. 
Chris and I attended a weekend to remember conference put on by Family Life this weekend.  Jared texted Chris on Sunday afternoon and told him that there was an envelope on his desk for me.  Being pretty curious, we stopped by after we picked up the boys and got it.  Some sweet angel or angels from our church family blessed us with a gift of money.  It wasn't to be used for bills, but for an Easter dress for me and dinner out or something fun for all of us.  I haven't had a new Easter dress in about 8 years.  I couldn't believe it! We have such a wonderful church family.  I just feel blessed to be able to worship and fellowship with them.  I was so excited that after the boys finished their nap, we headed to the Legends to see if we could find any good dress bargains.  I looked at Target but they didn't have a lot to choose from unless your a size 10 or less.  Next door was JC Penney.  I didn't hold out much hope for a bargain, but we went in to look anyway.  I'm so glad we did.  They were having a wonderful sale.  I found a really cute dress for 1/2 off.  Since my sister usually shops with me for these types of things and she is so far away, Chris came along for encouragement.  He is not a shopper, but he did a fabulous job.  I must have tried on 8 dresses before I found the one I liked.  He entertained the boys and didn't gripe one time.  Thanks honey!  We took the boys out for dinner, which they scarfed down, and headed home.  It was a great night for all of us.  Nathan even got a tie to wear on Easter.  He thinks he is the mayor of the church. :)  He had to have a tie. 
Chris and I have been lucky in the friends we've made.  They love us, but more importantly, they love our boys.  Sometimes that's not easy.  The boys rarely slow down to a run.  We really wanted to go to this marriage conference this weekend, but I don't leave my boys very often.  They are a handful and we were gone 2 & 1/2 days.  They have a wonderful "grandma" and "aunt" in Independence.  Cathy was the boys babysitter and Carolyn is her daughter and one of my best friends.  We had our babies together.  Nathan and Natalie are 3 weeks apart. (It was supposed to be 3 days, but Natalie got impatient to be out.)  They are really good friends.  If you ask Nathan, he'll tell you that he has a sister and her name is Natalie.  It's the only place where I've left them that Noah NEVER cries when I leave.  They love my babies and the feeling is entirely mutual.  Since my family and Chris' family are both so far away, we've adopted this family as part of our own.  They have been there for us many times and I hope they can say the same for us.  Anyway, they kept the boys all weekend.  I don't know who had more fun.  All the kids were excited that the boys were coming and jumping up and down when they saw each other.  They had a blast and got thoroughly spoiled all weekend.  They weren't really happy with us when we said it was time to go.....at least until we started to leave without them.  That hustled them out to the car.  I have to say it is wonderful to be able to leave them and not have to worry about anything.  These ladies are angels of mercy and can handle any crisis.  They've been through several with us.  We love them and wouldn't know what to do without them.  They became family to a small town girl who hadn't ever been far from home for a long period of time.  God sent them to us and I will forever be grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment